Health and Safety
Our Approach to Company-wide Health and Safety Initiatives
As ensuring our employees' health and safety in the promotion of business activities is of the utmost importance, our Group works constantly for safety in the workplace and the health of all our members. Accordingly, under our Corporate Health and Safety Committee and in compliance with the Industrial Safety and Health Act and other laws, labor agreements and work regulations, we strive to ensure the health and safety of our employees and others.
- To eliminate work-related injuries, all of our facilities conduct risk assessments. Through continuous improvement we are working towards an accident-free enterprise.
- In order to promote mental health initiatives, we implemented a self-check system in fiscal 2014. We are working to improve our system with all facilities offering workshops, such as line care training and self-care training.
- We establish handling standards for advanced materials such as nano-materials with workplace health and safety in mind under the guidance of the Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare.
- Each facility develops an annual action plan, conducting activities aimed at workplace safety and individual health.
- Concerning the management of health and safety, we work to carry on an exchange between our facilities. This approach increases mutual awareness, protecting the health and safety of our employees, with the intent of eradicating workplace injuries.
- We hold internal and external educational and training opportunities, such as risk prediction training workshops, in an effort to improve our staff's safety awareness.
As for the safety of our physical infrastructure, we plan to carry out company-wide efforts such as facility risk assessments, as well as chemical risk assessments in view of the amended Safety and Health Act amendment.
Through such health and safety initiatives, the Group works to enhance corporate value and create a friendly and comfortable workplace where employees can safely go about their days.